BCCD Privacy Information
BCC DISTRIBUTION PRIVACY STATEMENT
This BCC Distribution Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) describes how BCC Distribution, Inc. (“BCCD”) collect, use, transfer, and disclose data including personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) obtained through BCCD’s websites (the “Site(s)”) and via other methods. By using the Sites or submitting any Personal Information to BCCD, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by this Privacy Statement.
DATA BCC DISTRIBUTION COLLECTS
BCCD collects data to provide customers with products and services, and to operate BCCD’s business. Some of this data is provided directly, such as when you create a support account, provide equipment for maintenance, or contact BCCD for support or to perform other services.
The data BCCD collects depends on the equipment, software and/or services delivered and used, and can include the following:
Name and contact data. Information, including Personal Information, collected through the Sites or through other means, may include name and salutation, job title, physical address, time zone, telephone number (including work or home office, mobile, and fax numbers), e-mail address, and other contact information. BCCD also collects marketing contacts and preferences (phone, email, postal mail, fax, and text messages), name and nature of your business, and delivery and fulfillment information.
Credentials. BCCD may collect information used for authentication and account access.
Payment data. BCCD collects data necessary to process payments for purchases from BCCD, such as credit/debit card information, bank information, wire transfer and/or any other financial or payment information associated with a payment.
Usage data. BCCD collects data about how users and devices interact with BCCD deliverables and services. For example, BCCD may collects:
- Product use data. BCCD collects product feature use data, website activity data, performance data, product preference information, purchase history, and the webpages you visit.
- Device data. BCCD may collect data about a device, its operational state, configuration, past usage data, device performance data, and information on the network used to connect and use BCCD products. This includes data about the operating systems, applications and other software installed on device(s), including product keys. This may also include Internet Protocol (IP) address, network authentication, MAC address, other device identifiers, regional and language settings.
- Error reports and performance data. BCCD collects data about the performance of BCCD products and deliverables and problems experienced. This data helps diagnose problems in the products to improve BCCD’s deliverables, and to provide solutions. Depending on product and settings, error reports may include data such as the type or severity of the problem, details of the software or hardware related to an error, device status, usage data, contents of data or files that were processing when an error occurred, and data about other devices, networks, or software with which the device interacts.
- Support data. When BCCD is engaged for support, BCCD’s contact with any data or information stored on a device will be for support purposes in most instances. BCCD will collect data about any hardware, software, and other details related to the support incident for the purpose of tracking device performance and product improvement.
HOW BCC DISTRIBUTION USES PERSONAL INFORMATION
BCCD uses, discloses, transfers, and otherwise processes data, including Personal Information, in several ways. BCCD uses the data it collects for three basic purposes: (1) to process transactions for the sale and support of BCCD products and/or services, (2) to operate BCCD’s business, and to provide and support the products and services BCCD delivers (including improving and personalizing), and (3) to send certain communications, including promotional communications. When customers place an order, BCCD uses the Personal Information provided, including any payment information necessary to provide the products or services requested. If you create a user profile, BCCD will store Personal Information as requested to manage the profile and communicate with the user.
Personal Information may also, subject to the requirements of applicable law, be used, disclosed and transferred to law enforcement personnel and other persons in situations where BCCD believes that it is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal proceedings against someone who may be misusing the Sites, interfering with the rights of BCCD or other users, or when BCCD reasonably believes that the law requires or permits such disclosure.
WHY BCC DISTRIBUTION SHARES PERSONAL INFORMATION
BCCD shares Personal Information with consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any product or service requested or authorized. BCCD also may disclose and transfer Personal Information to third parties for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement and to assist with the operation of the Sites and/or the associated business transactions. If BCCD sells or divests all or part of its business, makes a transfer of assets, or otherwise becomes involved in a change of control transaction, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, BCCD may transfer Personal Data covered by this Privacy Shield Policy to one or more third parties as part of the transaction including the due diligence process.
Additionally, BCCD will access, transfer, disclose, and preserve Personal Information when BCCD has a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to:
- comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies;
- protect our customers, for example to prevent unsolicited emails or attempts to defraud users of BCCD products, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone;
- operate and maintain the security of BCCD’s products and services, including to prevent or stop an attack on BCCD’s computer systems or networks; or
- protect the rights or property of BCCD, including enforcing the terms governing the use of the products or services; however, if BCCD receives information indicating that someone is using BCCD products or services to traffic in stolen intellectual or physical property, BCCD may refer the matter to law enforcement.
Pursuant to applicable regulations, BCCD maintains reasonable technical and administrative procedures to protect data including Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, but BCCD cannot ensure or warrant the security of any data against any possible loss or unauthorized access.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you wish to access or update the Personal Information submitted through the Sites, or to make any inquiries (including requests of cancellation or deletion) about the collection or processing of such information, please contact us as described below in the section labeled “Contact” as applicable. BCCD provides individuals with access to their Personal Information where required by applicable data protection and privacy laws. Individuals will be required to sufficiently verify their identity. Declining to provide Personal Information may limit BCCD’s ability to respond to your inquiry.
LINKS TO OTHER INTERNET SITES
The statements set forth in this Privacy Statement are for the Sites and other activities. Other sites hosted by third parties may have different practices. If you link to or otherwise visit any other sites managed by third parties, you must review the privacy policies posted at those sites. BCCD has no control over those sites and is not responsible or liable for the policies and practices followed by third parties.
RETENTION OF DATA
BCCD will keep your data, which may include Personal Information, for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, to provide you with products or services, to conduct legitimate business interests, and where otherwise required or permitted by law.
REVISIONS TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
BCCD reserves the right to change this Privacy Statement from time to time at BCCD’s discretion. Please check this Privacy Statement frequently and particularly before you submit Personal Information via the Sites.
BCC Distribution, Inc.
7529 Baron Drive
Canton, MI 48187
v1.1, Dated July 2019